- FRUCOM Circulars: The FRUCOM secretariat informs FRUCOM members on a daily basis of news & regulatory developments at EU level. Both specialised Circulars (by product groups) and horizontal circulars (for Trade and Food Law matters) are distributed.
A sample of topics covered in FRUCOM Circulars:
- Official Controls on ‘risky’ food products of non-animal origin: amendments to Regulation 669/2009
- Inspection fees for official controls
- EU Pesticides MRLs
- EU measures on food imports from Japan
- EU Generalised System of Preferences (GSP)
- EU bilateral negotiations with Canada, South American countries and Malaysia
- EU FTAs with Morocco, South Korea, Colombia and Peru
- Minimum frequencies of aflatoxin controls
- Imports of pine nuts from China
- Codex discussions – aflatoxins maximum level for dried figs
- EU cadmium and PAH maximum levels for fishery products
- Global Sourcing Derogation Papua New Guinea & Fiji
- TRQs for fish and fishery products
- RASFF notifications:
The FRUCOM Secretariat distributes RASSF notifications to FRUCOM members on a weekly basis, focused exclusively on FRUCOM products, based on the official RASSF notifications posted on the DG SANCO website. An annual summary compiling notifications for each group of FRUCOM products and presenting analytical statistics is also prepared each year and sent out to FRUCOM members. In addition, the FRUCOM secretariat maintains throughout the year a detailed and up-to-date RASFF statistical database, available to FRUCOM members upon request.
- Publications in the EU Official Journal of relevant EU legislation: The FRUCOM secretariat regularly informs FRUCOM members of the publication in the EU Official Journal of relevant pieces of EU legislation (Decisions, Regulations, and Directives).
- Reports on FVO missions (Food & Veterinary Office) in third countries: The FRUCOM secretariat regularly informs FRUCOM members of the publication of FVO mission reports in third countries.